Paul Bliss has led the largest period of growth in the organizations’ long history. BBBS has been recognized locally and nationally as a high performing mentoring organization with a strong record of program innovation. Paul served as a Big Brother mentor to a child for over seven years.
His success in recruiting and retaining a professional team has helped grow BBBSNCA into one of the largest Big Brothers Big Sisters organizations in the U.S. Paul is most proud of his professional team’s recognition by Big Brothers Big Sisters National Professional Association:
- In 2000, Wilfred Haynes, Sr., Manager of Washington, DC Programs, was named National Case Manager of the Year.
- In 2001, Denise Williams, Vice President of Programs, was named National Program Manager of the Year.
- In 2002, Edmund Lee, Washington Program Coordinator, received the National Case Manager of the Year Award.
- In 2002, Paul Bliss was named CEO of the Year .
- In 2006, Jorge Bustios, Director of Hermanos y Hermanas Mayores Latino Outreach Initiative, received the Program Manager of the Year Award.
- Dianne Brown, Vice President of Development, has received awards for her tremendous success in fundraising.
Mr. Bliss is a graduate of the Catholic University of America’s School of Social Work and currently serves on the Catholic University’s Board of the Governors. He previously worked in juvenile and adult probation in the Washington region for a decade before being appointed CEO of BBBS in 1991.