Big Brothers Big Sisters Is a DC Metro Area Charity with a Simple Mission:
Change People’s Lives
Big Brothers Big Sisters of the National Capital Area is dedicated to making a positive difference in the lives of children through professionally supported long-term, One-To-One® mentoring relationships with carefully screened, caring and committed adults in Washington, DC, Northern Virginia and suburban Maryland.
If you’re looking for a children’s charity to donate to in the DC Metro area, we encourage you to read more about our mentoring programs or donate online today. Your donation will help a child to reach his or her full potential through an ongoing relationship with a caring and certified adult mentor.
GuideStar's Philanthropedia in 2012 named BBBS as the #1 non-profit for at-risk youth.
Learn more about our DC Metro charity »
About the Big Brothers Big Sisters Charity
Research has shown that positive relationships between youth and their Big Brothers and Big Sisters mentors have a direct and measurable impact on children’s lives.
After as little as one year of mentoring, Little Brothers and Sisters in the DC region are shown to be:
- 85% less likely to have contact with juvenile courts
- 70% less likely than their peers to initiate drug usage
- 64% more likely to achieve higher grades
Your donation to our children’s charity helps fund the following mentoring programs:
A Big Brother or Big Sister commits to incorporate a child into his or her life and spends time weekly with a Little Brother or Little Sister. This broad-based program focuses on meeting a child’s basic development needs.
Read more about our programs »
Looking for a Charity to Donate to in DC Metro Area?
Research shows our programs work. Read our success stories!
In addition to donating today, we also offer the following ways to help mentor a child:
- Corporate sponsorships – From our annual golf classic in Potomac, MD to our holiday parties and youth awards in Bethesda, there are many corporate sponsorship options for you to choose from.
- Individual sponsorships – Our individual sponsorships range from $50-$1500 for those who are looking to make a big difference in the DC Metro community.
Every dollar counts when you donate the Big Brothers Big Sisters children’s charity. Make a donation online today!